Earlier today I wrote some assembly code to compare 2 strings and print out whether or not they were equal to one another. I’ve been learning more assembly and so I thought I would tweak it a bit to improve the way it works and add more “features”. After some studying I’ve managed to get it working as a real function that actually takes arguments via the stack. On top of that, the function now returns a value that designates the index where the comparison failed; this is stored in the EAX register. Even further, by using a buffer in memory I was able to print a string that informs the user of the index where the comparison failed.